Monday, October 27, 2014

Journal 4

Photography is one of my greatest passions in life, so as far as visuals and art go, I mainly focus on photos and what makes them so great.



A lot of my photography is inspired by urban photography. I love that these types of photos are so rustic, dirty and vacant of people. I think it gives it that sort of apocalypse feel to it, which to be honest is fascinating to me.



I also really love iconic photos. They have such an incredible power to change the world with just one image. When I look at iconic photos, it pushes me to be able to take one someday. For example the second photo, the Hindenburg was such a tragedy in time that will never be forgotten, and it took such great speed and skill to take the photos. 


I think nature photography is so incredible. Anything nature is so wonderful in my eyes. Mountains are my favorite type of landscape and when I see them, I feel this sense of travel and adventure. It makes me excited for life. When I see any photos of travel, it lets me dream about going there one day, and it reminds me to never lose my adventurous side. 


Ansel Adams is a perfect example of landscape. I love his photography because every image is so brilliant and genuine. I love that all his images are film (since they didn't have digital back then). I think that film always adds value to photos, it shows so much more effort and time put into a single image. 



Finally, anything and everything that is National Geographic I automatically love and aspire to. Every single photo is so crisp and clear, and so full of energy and risk. The photos are so incredible and take place all over the world. One of the reasons I aspire to National Geographic is because that is my dream job one day, so I try to look at their photos and assimilate to them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment